WHO WE ARE: Progress Arizona is hiring 2 paid four-month Communications Fellows to join our team. As a fellow, you’ll be an integral part of our passionate and dynamic team at the center of progressive politics in Arizona. You will see firsthand how we work as an innovative multi-issue advocacy organization, and gain a better understanding of long-term career opportunities in the communications and digital field.
THE CANDIDATE: We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced, campaign-style atmosphere, and is eager to learn about progressive politics, social justice, and communications in Arizona. Our ideal candidate will take initiative, pay attention to detail, think “outside the box,” and thrive working independently and on deadline. Although work is remote, the fellow must live or study in Arizona.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The primary responsibility of the Communications Fellow will be helping us create content for campaigns on issues like the environment, immigration and more. We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent writer, able to master new ideas quickly and turn them into concise, clear, understandable and compelling written materials.
- OR Has an eye for design and is able to use software like Canva and PicMonkey, or professional tools like Photoshop, to create eye-catching graphics for websites and social media.
- OR has videography skills and loves creating short videos, whether it’s with a smartphone or professional equipment or something in between.
Prior experience with politics, campaigns, organizing, or advocacy is helpful but NOT required.
OPTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Having any of the following is helpful, but NOT required:
- Professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing.
- Ability to take great photos.
- Knowledge of HTML or CSS and/or specific CMS systems like ActionKit and/or website editing platforms like WordPress.
- Bilingual in Spanish and able to help with translation of written materials.
START DATE: Ideally February 15, 2021, one fellow may potentially begin earlier, and lasting four months with the possibility for more based on performance.
PAYMENT AND SCHEDULE: Pay starts at $17 per hour and the Fellow is expected to work 10-15 hours per week for four months, with the possibility for more based on performance. Progress Arizona’s primary office hours are 9am-6pm MST so hours are ideally worked within that time frame, but the schedule is flexible and changes can often be accommodated. Due to the current state of COVID, remote work (work from home) is required until further notice.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/sX4w9FZZaaaADkwE8
MORE ABOUT PROGRESS ARIZONA: We’re a nonprofit 501(c)(4) communications and advocacy organization based in Phoenix, Arizona that works to help the progressive community tell its story. We fight year-round to counter right-wing attacks, hold elected officials accountable and promote progressive policy solutions through digital organizing and through offering messaging and communications support to partner organizations. We’re a small team, which means we’re able to be nimble, responsive, and flexible.